Relocation Pre-Decision Support
Working with our long-term relocation partner, FAS Relocation Network, we offer a comprehensive suite of services and tools to assist both clients and top talent during the pre-hire stage. We are able to intervene early in the decision-making process, providing much-needed support and ensuring key issues are addressed in a timely fashion. This form of early involvement has been proven to enhance job transfer acceptance rates.
- Cost of Living Information – A tool to help determine appropriate compensation levels for potential hires. We have compiled the most current and comprehensive cost of living database in the country, assessing the overall effect relocation has on an employee’s income. Information reported includes standard and executive cost of living indices, housing and rental information, weather, population, taxes, crime rates, health care, elder care, day care, education information, important phone numbers, and more.
- Salary Wizard: Tool to perform a compensation analysis.
- Salary Comparison– Compare the cost of living between locations.
- Mortgage Calculator– This calculator will compute the monthly principal and interestpayment on a mortgage.
- Moving Cost Estimate– This tool provides a means to calculate the cost of moving household goods. Quotes are determined factoring the number of bedrooms, size of house or apartment, and the number of miles. We are able to coordinate multiple estimates from individual carriers, and all estimates are “guaranteed not to exceed”.
- Crime Comparison– The Crime Comparison has crime indexes for thousands of cities.
- National School Reports– These reports provide the employee with detailed information on all local, public, and private schools K-12. Each report contains data such as academic achievements, student/teacher ratios, and contact information which allows the employee the opportunity to interview prospective schools.
- Community Orientation Tour– Trained real estate agents can be made available to provide a community orientation tour for better-informed decision making, which often leads to higher job acceptance rates.
- Relocation Policy Assistance– An appropriately aligned policy can serve as a critical element in your employee recruitment and retention initiatives. Designing the most meaningful employee mobility solutions requires experience and a willingness to listen. We offer policy evaluation and development, as well as assistance in creating policy handbooks and associated communication. Download sample relocation package.
- Additional Relocation Resources – FAS Relocation
After Offer Acceptance
Once an offer has been accepted,we offer a comprehensive suite of services and tools to assist both client (if they do not have a relocation specialist) and the candidate during this critical phase.
- Home Marketing – To help sell a new employee’s home as quickly as possible, our home marketing service accurately matches and selects top real estate agents to work with each employee. Agents provide a comprehensive market review, a complete marketing plan and other professional information and support to sell homes in the most efficient manner.
- Home Finding Assistance – We connect the employee with a relocation certified agent who matches the desired lifestyle and needs to the appropriate new community. The transferring employee receives professional counseling, an area tour, and customized resource materials highlighting all pertinent community information. This support raises employment offer acceptance rates, creates a smooth transition, and gets your employees settled and on the job as quickly as possible.
- Temporary Living and Hotel Program – Through collaboration with a leading provider of hotels and corporate housing, FAS has developed a program that addresses all temporary housing needs. From shorter-term hotel stays typically used during interview and house-hunting trips, to longer-term/interim housing stays, FAS serves as a one-stop shop, providing highly negotiated rates and complete coordination.
- Mortgage Pre-qualification – FAS will arrange to have a mortgage counselor guide the transferee through the entire pre-qualification process, presenting unique mortgage programs which include preferred corporate employee rates, discounted closing costs, and trailing spouse.
- Special Mortgage Services – Employee’s receive special VIP access to leading national lenders, a dedicated team of mortgage counselors, preferred rates, savings on closing costs, more liberal qualifying ratios, credit for accompanying spouse income, free pre-qualification letter and a quick loan decision.
- Reduced Moving Costs – Through a special move-management program, clients benefit from special savings and discounts negotiated with the country’s leading van lines. These include more than a 50% reduction (from full tariff rates) on all interstate moves, free insurance/valuation, discounted storage services, waived peak season charges and special rates for cars.
- Home Buy-Out Programs & Expense Tracking – We offer a complete menu of closing services, including a guaranteed purchase offer, amended value sale and buyer value option. In addition, this service manages the expense payout and reimbursement function, including report auditing, data entry, payroll department interface and more. Nominal fees are charged for these services.
- Utilities & Home Services – Connect household services like power, home phone, cable and satellite television, high speed Internet and home security. Select what you need fast by comparing similar services to find the most affordable and best features to fit you lifestyle.
- Spouse or Partner Career and Settling-In Services – Through our affiliation with one of America’s leading Career & Transition Assistance providers, FAS offers complete career counseling, acclimation services and employment market research for the relocating spouse, partner, or family members.
- International Services – Full Relocation Policy Counseling, Destination & Settling-In Services, Relocation Expense Tracking and Reimbursement Services, Visa and Immigration Services, Transportation Services, & Auto Purchase or Lease Program.
Working with our long-term relocation partner, FAS Relocation Network, we offer comprehensive relocation services to companies and candidates. In addition, we provide candidates that we place services such as including address change notification and assistance in finding temporary corporate housing or home rentals at no cost. These tools can help with any move, whether local or cross-country.
These tools can help with any move, whether local or cross-country.
Salary Calculator: Compare the cost of living in hundreds of U.S. cities.
Cost of Living Analysis: The Cost of Living Analysis gives you the cities’ cost of living, climate, demographics, and other vital information. .
Community Search: Use this search tool to create a list of up to 25 best cities for you to live by selecting certain demographic and economic conditions.
Crime Comparison : The Crime Comparison has crime indexes for thousands of U.S. cities as well as some Canadian cities.
Moving Calculator: Use this calculator to estimate interstate or local moving cost in the United States.
Home Value Analysis: Access to more than 100 million property, ownership, sales, and mortgage records, covering more than 85% of the U.S. population.
Mortgage Calculator: This calculator will compute the monthly principal and interest payment on a mortgage.